Opportunities to Serve
I. Opportunities For You on the FBCD Campus
(For off-campus opportunities, please scroll down.)
Info Kiosk Staff desired for only one Sunday a month.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY for all adults: HS & JHS students are welcome with adult supervision.
- Staff the Info Booth from 9:00-9:25 am & 10:20-10:45am once a month.
- Duties are connecting worshipers with Sunday school & providing info/maps/pamphlets on FBCD church ministries.
- To join this ministry, please see Noel Birch at the Info Kiosk (in the Worship Center lobby on Sunday mornings) at leave a message for her at (562) 923-1261.
II.Local Outreach off Campus in Southern California
[For Missions Outreach (Out-of-State, International) – visit our Missions page.]
A. Beacon Light Mission (BLM) Outreach Trip *
These first Saturday of the month: Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2.
- Meet the for transportation in front of the church at 5:45 pm; we leave promptly at 6:00 pm!
- This event is open to Middlers (6th – 8th grades) accompanied by parent or guardian AND High School & above without accompaniment.*
- We share the Gospel, lead worship, and serve a meal.
- “A faith-based ministry, they provide temporary shelter, meals, showers, clean clothes and nightly chapel services for homeless men. Bibles are also provided.”
- With the more recently opened Doors of Hope Women’s Shelter, women come to BLM for chapel services and a hot meal then go to this temporary shelter just for them.
- Our youth in the church as well as services clubs from a local high school have been volunteering here for several years. We’d love to involve our adults as well in the opportunity to serve, bless, and be blessed!
- Planning on going? You’re requested to contact Pastor Steve at(562) 923-1261 X235.
- SOME IDEAS AS TO THE NEEDS for DOORS OF HOPE WOMEN’S SHELTER and BEACON LIGHT MISSION (MEN) as well as KITCHEN NEEDS may be found at the Beacon Light Mission page.
- It is recommended (in case of an accident or medical emergency) that all participants have the Information Card – Medical & Liability Release Form for the current year on file in the church office (in order to provide your contact & medical provider information).
* NOTICE: Those under 18 going on any Beacon Light Missions Outreach Trip must have a signed Information Card – Medical & Liability Release Form for the current year on file in the church office.
(Contact Shirley in the church office, 562.923.1261 x226, or Marilyn Evans about Good News or 5 Day Clubs.)
•Good News Clubs: Mon. – Thurs. at various elementary schools during the school year, 3 – 4:00 pm.
- “Trained teachers meet with children in schools, homes, community centers, or just about anywhere the children can easily and safely meet with their parent’s permission.
- “Each week there is an exciting Bible lesson, songs, Scripture memory, and review games.
- “As with all CEF ministries, the purpose of good News Club is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel, and establish them in the word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
- “Many in our congregation have been involved in good News Clubs over the past school year in Downey, Whittier elementary schools!
- Contact/see Marilyn Evans or leave a message for her through the church office with Shirley @ (562) 923-1261, x226.
•5 Day Clubs: during summer break (Note: There is training involved.)
- [It] “is an exciting, fun-filled 11/2 hour held each day for five consecutive days during the summer.
- “It includes: dynamic Bible lessons, creative learning activities, inspiring missionary story, meaningful songs, life-changing Scripture memorization.”
- Contact Shirley in the church office @ (562) 923-1261, x226.
* NOTICE:Those under 18 going on any FBCD event must have a signed Information Card – Medical & Liability Release Form for the current year on file in the church office.
C. Jill’s House Oxygen2 Weekend Adventure*
2017 Dates: Friday – Sunday (except Monday, Oct. 9, is a holiday), Aug. 18-20, Sep. 8-10, Oct. 6-9, Dec. 1-3 • Lake Arrowhead • Cost: $60/person
- Minimum age is 16 and space is limited.
- Three days to love, serve and connect with children who have intellectual and physical disabilities, and provide respite care for their weary families (under the guidance of Jill’s House experienced professionals).
- SEE ALSO our Missions page.
- Contact/see: Pastor Jackson Fong (562) 923-1261.
*NOTICE:Those under 18 going on any FBCD event must have a signed Information Card – Medical & Liability Release Form for the current year on file in the church office.
III. Regular Volunteer Position (see below):
For further information, kindly call Debbie at 562.923.1261 x232 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will connect you with the right person to get you started serving God’s family here at FBCD. The positions below with an * REQUIRE church membership and those with a ** REQUIRE 6 month’s church membership AND a background check.