[Page updated 11-19-2017.]
I. Sunday Services at FBCD
About our sermons:
- We have the Sunday Morning Worship Service 10:45 am in the Worship Center.
- Servicio de Adoración en español en la Capilla Domingo a las 10:45 am. (Worship Service in Spanish in the Chapel Sunday at 10:45 am.)
- The months with 5 Sundays (Oct 29 & Dec 31) have the Family Worship Service at 10:45 am.
- See more details below under Notices WITH dates.
- For more sermon information go to the search box on Facebook and enter “First Baptist Church of Downey.“
- Also, Follow us on Twitter.com/fbcd.
- The upcoming sermons are:
- November 19 – Paul’s Mission
- November 26 – Paul’s Final Days
- December 2 – The End of Times
II. Notices WITH Dates
(Exceptions: Look for future cancellations, closures and irregular dates below.)
Beacon Light Mission Outreach
- On the first Saturday of the month: Dec. 2
- For details click on this: Missions.
Annual Business Meeting
- Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, • FBCD Worship Center • 5:00 pm
- Vote to approve the proposed 2018 budget and leadership candidates.
- In order to vote, you must be a member and 16 years or older.
- CHILD CARE available for 5th grade and under.
- Leadership bios will be available to pick up in the church lobby.
- Evening Service in the Chapel follows immediately afterward.
Church Office Closed Dates in 2017:
- Thu, Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving)
- Fri, Nov. 24 (Day after Thanksgiving)
- Mon, Dec. 25 (Christmas)
Church Sunday Evening Services (closed/dark) Exception Dates in 2017:
- Sun, Dec. 24 (ChrismasEve)
Downey Public Schools Calendar
- (DUSD) calendar determines many of our church’s activities.
- Visit Downey Unified School District Calendar 2017-2018
*Family Worship Sunday
- Every fifth Sunday of the month @ 10:45 am in the Worship Center followed by Lunch.
- Dates are: Sun, Oct. 29 • Sun, Dec. 31
- One worship service at 10:45 am, no Sunday school. (Time change from previous 10:00 to 10:45 AM eff. Oct. 29, 2017.)
- Childcare for ages 6 weeks – 4 years only.
- Lunch provided by the Worship Service, the family requested to bring a dessert to share.
III. Notices WITHOUT dates, Alphabetical
Automated Giving is available.
- Automatic deductions can be taken from your savings or checking account on the 1st and/or 15th of each month.
- If you are interested in automatic giving, please fill out the Automted Giving Form which is also available in the Worship Center lobby Information Desk & drop it in the offering bag or return it to the church office.
- Questions, call the church office tel. 562.923.1261.
Car Donations are requested.
- A few families in our midst are in desperate need of a decent vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, please call Ron Kellogg, 562.452-9654; he will come by to see if it is fixable.
- We are really excited about the easiest way to give using Pushpay for your tithes, offerings, and special gifts.
- There are three new ways to give so choose the method with which you are most comfortable:
1. Text “fbcdowney” to “77977” and you will receive a link to give.*
2. Download the Apple or Google app. Or,
3. Go to fbcdowney.org and click the big red “GIVE” button.
- Our Pushpay account accepts debit cards as well as eCheck (bank account) as giving methods.
- If you have any questions please contact the church office 9562) 923-1261. Or for more info, check out the Pushpay website at www.echurchgiving.com.
- See GIVE @ http://fbcdowney.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1.
- Did you know that many people set up giving as part of their Bill Pay through their banks? The checks are cut by the bank and sent directly to the church. Check it out at your bank’s homepage.
Seminary Scholarships is an ongoing special offering.
- Did you know you can financially assist those of us who wish to go to Seminary?
- Designate for “Seminary Scholarship” in the special offering section of your giving envelope.
- Seminary scholarship gifts should be over and above your regular giving.