[Page updated 07-02-2017.]
Sunday Services at FBCD
About our sermons:
- We have one Sunday Morning Worship Service 10:45 am that started Feb. 5 in the Worship Center. Servicio de Adoración en español en la Capilla Domingo a las 10:45 am. (Worship Service in Spanish in the Chapel Sunday at 10:45 am.)
- Every month with 5 Sundays is the Family Worship Service at 10am : April 30 • July 30 • Oct 29 • Dec 31 (See more details below under Notices WITH dates.)
For more sermon information search Facebook on “First Baptist Church of Downey.” Follow us on Twitter.com/fbcd.
Sermons: (All Morning Services below begin at 10:45 am*)
- Jul 2 – The Faith of A Foreign Woman
- July 9 – Standing Tall, Falling Hard
- July 16 – From Shepherd to King
- July 23 – The Trials of a king
- July 30 – The King Who Had It All* (Family Worship Sunday: starts @ 10:00 followed by Lunch)
Notices WITH dates
Exceptions: Look for future cancellations, closures and irregular dates below.
Beacon Light Mission Outreach is on the first Saturdays of these months.
→ Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2
Church Office Closed Dates in 2017:
→ Monday, July 3 Day before Independence Day • Tuesday, July 4 Independence Day • Monday, Sept. 4 Labor Day • Thursday, Nov. 23 Thanksgiving • Friday, Nov. 24 Day after Thanksgiving • Monday, Dec. 25 Christmas
Church Sunday Evening Service Exception Dates in 2017:
→ September 3 Labor Day weekend • November 26 Thanksgiving Day weekend December 17 Christmas Program Sunday
Downey Public Schools Calendar (DUSD) calendar determines many of our church’s activities.
Family Worship Sunday: Every Fifth Sunday of the month @ 10:00 am in the Worship Center followed by Lunch at 11:15 am.
→Dates are: July 30, Oct. 29, Dec. 31
- One worship service at 10:00 am, no Sunday school .
- Childcare for ages 6 weeks – 4 years only.
- Lunch provided at 11:15, family requested to bring a dessert to share.
Notices WITHOUT dates, Alphabetical
Automated Giving is available.
- Automatic deductions can be taken from your savings or checking account on the 1st and/or 15th of each month.
- If you are interested in automatic giving, please fill out the Automted Giving Form which is also available in the Worship Center lobby Information Desk & drop it in the offering bag or return it to the church office.
- Questions, call Melody tel. 562.923.1261 x241.
Car Donations are requested.
- A few families in our midst are in desperate need of a decent vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, please call Ron Kellogg, 562.452-9654; he will come by to see if it is fixable.
- We are really excited about the easiest way to give using Pushpay for your tithes, offerings, and special gifts.
- There are three new ways to give so choose the method with which you are most comfortable:
1. Text “fbcdowney” to “77977” and you will receive a link to give.*
2. Download the Apple or Google app. Or,
3. Go to fbcdowney.org and click the big red “GIVE” button.
- Our Pushpay account accepts debit cards as well as eCheck (bank account) as giving methods.
- If you have any questions please contact Melody at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or for more info, check out the Pushpay website at www.echurchgiving.com.
- See GIVE @ http://fbcdowney.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1.
- Did you know that many people set up giving as part of their Bill Pay through their banks. The checks are cut by the bank and sent directly to the church. Check it out at your bank’s homepage.
Seminary Scholarships is an ongoing special offering.
- Did you know you can financially assist those among us who wish to go to Seminary?
- Designate for “Seminary Scholarship” on the special offering section of your giving envelope.
- Seminary scholarship gifts should be over and above your regular giving.