I. Sunday Services at FBCD
About our sermons:
- We have the Sunday Morning Worship Service 10:45 am in the Worship Center.
- Servicio de Adoración en español en la Capilla Domingo a las 10:45 am. (Worship Service in Spanish in the Chapel Sunday at 10:45 am.)
- The months with 5 Sundays have the Family Worship Service at 10:45 am.
- See more details below under Notices WITH dates.
- For more sermon information go to the search box on Facebook and enter “First Baptist Church of Downey.“
- Also, Follow us on Twitter.com/fbcd.
Sermon Series – uses the book, JumpStart: Your Christian Discipleship (Vol. 2), available at church or Amazon.
“We sincerely hope you will join a Life Group as you journey through this series with us! These groups meet throughout the week in homes and are generally limited to 8 – 12 individuals. Call the church office, (562) 923-1261, to find one which meets at a time which works best for you.”
- June 24 – Mission Sunday – Josh McDowell: “Truth in the 21st Century”
- July 1 – The Do’s, JumpStart #12A
- July 8 – The Do’s, JumpStart #12B
- July 15 – The Don’ts , JumpStart #13A
- July 22 – The Don’ts, JumpStart #13B
- July 29 – The Character, JumpStart #14A
- August 5 – The Character, JumpStart #14B
- August 12 – The Body, JumpStart #15A
- August 19 – The Body, JumpStart #15B
II. Notices WITH Dates
(Exceptions: Look for future cancellations, closures and irregular dates below.)
Church Office Closed Dates in 2018 (remaining)
- July 4, Sept. 3, Nov. 22-23, Dec. 24-25
Downey Public Schools Calendar
- (DUSD) calendar determines many of our church’s activities.
- Visit Downey Unified School District Calendar 2018-2019
*Family Worship Sunday
- Every fifth Sunday of the month @ 10:45 am in the Worship Center followed by Lunch.
- The dates are: July 29, September 30, December 30
- One worship service at 10:45 am, no Sunday school.
- Childcare for ages 6 weeks – 4 years only.
- Lunch provided by the Worship Service, the family requested to bring a dessert to share.
Sunday Evening Services Cancelled:
- June 17 (Father’s Day)
III. Notices WITHOUT dates, Alphabetical
Automated Giving is available.
- Automatic deductions can be taken from your savings or checking account on the 1st and/or 15th of each month.
- If you are interested in automatic giving, please fill out the Automated Giving Form which is also available in the Worship Center lobby Information Desk & drop it in the offering bag or returns it to the church office.
- Questions, call the church office tel. 562.923.1261.
Car Donations are requested.
- A few families in our midst are in desperate need of a decent vehicle. Whether the vehicle is running or not, please call Ron Kellogg, 562.452-9654; he will come by to see if it is fixable.
- We are really excited about the easiest way to give using Pushpay for your tithes, offerings, and special gifts.
- There are three new ways to give so choose the method with which you are most comfortable:
1. Text “fbcdowney” to “77977” and you will receive a link to give.*
2. Download the Apple or Google app. Or,
3. Go to fbcdowney.org and click the big red “GIVE” button.
- Our Pushpay account accepts debit cards as well as eCheck (bank account) as giving methods.
- If you have any questions please contact the church office 9562) 923-1261. Or for more info, check out the Pushpay website at www.echurchgiving.com.
- See GIVE @ http://fbcdowney.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1.
- Did you know that many people set up giving as part of their Bill Pay through their banks? The checks are cut by the bank and sent directly to the church. Check it out at your bank’s homepage.
Shop Online- FBCD receives donations!
- AmazonSmiles– .5% of eligible purchases will be donated.
- GoodSearch– Stores will donate a % of the sale which varies by vendor.
[Last updated 06-19-2018.]